Enjoy chicken, vegetables, and pasta for a tasty springtime treat.
Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry Over Angel Hair Pasta
- 8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, trimmed, chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper (divided)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium bulb fennel–cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced garlic
- 1 pt halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups trimmed snap peas
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
DIRECTIONS: Boil large pot of water. Add pasta. Cook until tender (about 4 minutes). Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain, keep the pasta warm. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Add chicken; toss to coat. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large cast-iron skillet or flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add chicken and cook. Stir until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add 2 tbsp oil, fennel, and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, until vegetables soften (1-2 minutes). Add tomatoes, snap peas, wine, reserved pasta water, and ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Continue to cook, stirring until the tomatoes start to burst — about 3 minutes. Return chicken to the pan with tarragon. Cook, stirring, until the liquid is slightly thickened — about 2 minutes more. Serve chicken and vegetables over pasta. 517 calories per serving.